Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Suicidal Birds

Honestly... i don't know what else to call them. Bermuda sparrows are the best. They are bold and brave and really funny!!
Last night we put some food down (inside) for one of the neighborhood cats. He's a pretty boy and we are calling him Clyde just because. Anyway.. it was chilly, wet, and windy last night. He was undecided about coming in but when i went to close the door he decided to slip on in. We put the food inside the lid to the cat food container. I just got home from the store and noticed there were ANTS all over the lid -- in the house!! Eeeek!! I tossed the food and brushed off the ants. They are so fast! Crisis solved for now.
During this there were 2 cats outside watching. Not Clyde. There are 3 cats that hang out. One was the ever elusive grey/white cat. The other was the black cat that's know's damn good and well that it wants to be petted. I grabbed the cat food dish and filled it. The grey/white cat ran off but the black cat hung around, knowing the sound of food being poured. He actually let me pet him!! But, ofcourse later on he acted like he had never seen me before unless maybe i kicked him one time. Turd.

So... after they left the food dish i heard someone chowin' down out there!! I mean CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH so i had to see who was out there. It was a sparrow *in the bowl* tossing and picking food! Right in the middle of the cat dish. What a dork! I managed to get a pic of him in the bowl but when he heard the camera snappin' he decided to sit on the edge of the bowl for awhile.

I love me some crazy animals!

*peace*
 
posted by *bermuda bride* at 8:53 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At February 21, 2007 at 5:47:00 AM PST, Blogger Sharon Pickering

    How did I know you would have a parade of cats outside your door already? I bet you used the spread-eagle bologna trick, didn't you, you little trickster! That brave (aka stupid) bird could very well become cat food itself if it's not careful.

    Ahhhh...life on a island with captive birds.

    Love,
    Mom

     
  • At February 21, 2007 at 7:49:00 AM PST, Blogger *bermuda bride*

    Heehee :"> I almost did use the bologna trick!! Luckily black cat let me touch him and Clyde has already been in the house. Now.. i might need bologna to tame grey/white kitty. I was soooo excited to see a cat and now imagine my joy at having 3 hanging around!! Lucky for me Robert knows how i am and he actually encourages visits from the cats. So sweet :)
    Speaking of cats, how's my fat boy? I need to get some funds to you so he can get another rabies shot. Legalities and what-not.
    love,
    Nikki

     
  • At February 22, 2007 at 5:34:00 AM PST, Blogger Sharon Pickering

    Fat Cat is doing fine. He is becoming accustomed to the dogs...Bear in particular. He barely acknowledges him. You know how Arlo can ignore you.

    Now Blue is a different story. He hiked his leg and whizzed on my jeans this morning while I was in the bathroom...right in front of my eyes and D's! He is a nervy little one. He has never done that before. But, he got up with the alarm (unusual) and I should of let him out first. Dogs are getting on my last nerve. After that episode, Petey decided to take a look see under the deck (unknown to use) and when he came in the house, he circled through the living room and up the hall to the utility room. So, I was soaking 4 paws and scrubbing. D will have to clean the living room, hall and kitchen after the mud dries.

    Now, mind you...this was all before 5:30am. Please, come and take them all!