Thursday, February 15, 2007
Bermuda Grocery Run


I've always thought it would be so nice to live somewhere that allows you to walk to the grocery store and now i am. My first reaction is to say it's not all it's cracked up to be! The walk there is a bit sketchy with narrow roads, no sidewalks, steep hills, and fast moving traffic. All that said it's a lovely walk to my nearest store. Lindo's Family Market is maybe .75 miles from the house. To get there i must tackle one massive (to my no-walking standards) hill and another smaller, yet still formidable, hill. When a scooter rider passes you will hear a "Good Morning" fly by so it's proper to return one. I try to just be ready with a smile and a wave because the less talking i do during the hill climb, the better. There's a huuuuuge tree in the lot next to Lindo's. It bears the cutest sign about bees. It's supposed to be some sort of warning but the bee on the sign is so cute and playful that it actually draws me in. Sure enough, there really are bees. I can see them buzzing around, going about their business. I have no idea what the tree is but it's kick-ass cool so i want to find out. I think we could fit our entire little house under the branches and live in the shade of the big tree along with the bees. I thought i would give a Lindo's run-down but the bees threw me off my game. Also thought i would discuss humping a loaded back-pack up a few steep hills. Meh --- there will be plenty more trips to the store. When you can only buy what you can carry it means you go a few times a week! *peace*
 
posted by *bermuda bride* at 7:07 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At February 16, 2007 at 2:28:00 PM PST, Blogger Sharon Pickering

    That tree is gnarly! The walk sounds really nice...except for the 'suck the life out of you' hill. Don't they know that sign will pull you in like a bee to honey. (pun intended) I just love trees like that anyway. Looks like you will get to know it pretty well before you leave the lovely island of Bermuda.

    Hey, do you know that you didn't give your post a title? All good bloggers give their posts a title. :-|

    Love,
    Mom

     
  • At February 17, 2007 at 10:54:00 AM PST, Blogger *bermuda bride*

    Got that title thing taken care of. I'm such a bloggin' newb.
    Yeah, i love gnarly (please, when you read that pronounce the *g*) trees. Guess i know who i get that from!!
    I saw another one today, it's before the bee tree. I never noticed it, what with the bee sign pulling me in.
    Love,
    Nikki